Thursday, March 6, 2014

GUILT TRIPPING 101


Check Out this dialog between a parent and adult child:

Child to parent: 

"You really have to stop criticizing me!  I know you think you are being helpful, but you make me feel terrible!"

"You criticize the way I dress, my hair, the way I eat, what I eat, who I date, my friends…"

"It makes me feel like I should just give up - you know, jump out the nearest window.  I mean, according to you, I am a total loser!"

Parent:  "Oh, of course not!  Don't be silly!  You are a wonderful person, I just want to help you be better…

Child:  "Please stop helping!"

Parent:  "Fine."  Said in an obviously wounded tone of voice…



And guess who walks away feeling guilty?



What do ya say? 

Any of this sound at all familiar?






To explore any of these topics type a key word into the search field on the upper left of the Blog.

To comment just place your cursor over the word 'comments' (sometimes it says 'no comments') below. 

Remember we are also at:  www.thehumandance.com




No comments:

Post a Comment