Sunday, August 18, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES – OH MY ACHING BACK!

“Gas!” he declared.

“I bet it’s gas!”

I had just asked him to take it easy on the pot holes…

New York City’s avenues are infamous for these Third World (forgive me) ruts that could easily trap small animals…

And somehow, these very roads create a terrible desire on the part of our taxistas to hit the gas…


So, in self defense, I have developed a very credible and usually successful strategy of talking about my imaginary recent back injury.  It generally works…

And that’s where the gas comes in…

Tonight’s driver explained, in great detail, how when he had back pain it really wasn’t his back.  NO it was – GAS! 

Waaay too much information!

However, you know that thing about not being able to do two things at the same time?

Well, he couldn’t maintain his speed as he got into the complexities of his affliction and me?

I can only tell you that trying to control hysterical laughter has a great effect on back injuries…




To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below



No comments:

Post a Comment