Sunday, September 8, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES – A GUN?


Well, tonight was a doozy… I know, antique word, but nothing else quite says it!

I was in a taxi – a common NYC occurrence – one of those “It was a dark and stormy night…” beginnings.

Anyhow, another car tried to side-swipe our taxi and then this other guy stops his car – fancy Mercedes – and runs up to our taxi driver’s door and starts banging on it.

Guy #2 is acting really hysterical – jumping up and down – and – he has us blocked!

Much to my horror and to my squeals of “No, don’t do that!” our taxi driver opens his door and gets out.

After a very animated duet guy #2 zooms off into the night.

When our guy gets back into the cab I shake my finger and go into lecture mode.  I know, truly obnoxious on my part, but, hey, who could resist?

“You should never get out of the car to confront a maniac,” I scold.
“What if he had a gun?”

“A gun?” our guy responds without blinking an eye.
“Lady, I’m from Brooklyn…”





What do ya think?  Is this an exciting city or what?




To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below

No comments:

Post a Comment