Tuesday, November 6, 2012

THE IMP OF THE PERVERSE

“Ah choo” he sneezed into the phone.  “Hey, sorry but I have to cancel our lunch.”

“Bad cold?” I asked.

“No,“ he replied sniffling. “It’s just our new little kitten.  You know, I’m allergic, but it’s so cute and I’m sure I’ll be ok after awhile… AH CHOO!”


Riiight!  What’s that all about?  How many times have you been down the path of “I’m sure it’ll be okay…”

What do ya say?  Have any good wishful thinking stories to share?


(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)

7 comments:

  1. Wishful thinking stories? Hundreds of them...maybe thousands...at my age, who can count them anymore - and the funny thing is - I never do give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story sounds very familiar...

    I tend to be a wishful thinker, but I think it can be justified. Sometimes the rewards of taking a chance (like a new kitty!) can greatly outweigh the downsides. As long as you're aware that things might not work out, I think giving things a shot is always the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about this one: wanted to color my hair while on vacation in Israel. But all the boxes of hair color were in (well, yeah) Hebrew. In very small type. So I saw one that I remembered my mom used to use. "How hard could it be?" I asked myself---green hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! From now on whenever I'm tempted I will think "green hair" and laugh...and probably do it anyhow! Thanks for that great image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great example!!!I think that we tend to say "I am sure it will be ok" as a way to provide ourselves with a justification to keep on with bad habits..."I am sure it will be ok"- and we keep avoiding our commitments..."I am sure it'll be ok"- and we go shopping with no coat on despite a terrible cold...
    what do you think?
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the presidential election. lol don't want to talk politics and there i go can't anyone take a joke.

    ReplyDelete