Monday, November 12, 2012

LAUGH OUT LOUD

One of my young clients was in the hospital and I thought I’d be totally cool by sending her a text with my love.  Very proud of myself, I wrote a nice message – and then added “lol”.  How was I to know that it didn’t mean lots of love…
 
Here’s the difference between the kids ( anyone under 30) and us elders – They know the lingo and we don’t – apps, upload, download, user interface…

S0 WHAT!  Once we get the jargon – Hey we can do it too! 
LOL!

What do ya say? 

Have any good tech stories to share?


(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)

3 comments:

  1. lol. no no good tech stories there aren't any good tech stories. none at all or so it seems sometimes.

    i think lol means lots of love too. of course it means laughing out loud mostly but, oh well on the phone to australia and south africa that's what we are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lots of things are like this - new places, new activities. Everything can seem overwhelming and mysterious until you 'learn the language' and then it all gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I grew up with computers, I normally feel pretty comfortable with technology. I'm actually really proud of my dad, because he is actually quite savvy when it comes to setting up his computer and connecting it to his stereo system wirelessly. My mom has worked in systems her whole life, but when it comes to her own computer, all she wants is for it to work.

    ReplyDelete