Thursday, November 29, 2012

COOTIES


Remember cooties and cootie catchers?  All you needed to do was fold a piece of paper – 4 times?  - to make a very effective cootie catcher. 

 What a wonderful creative metaphor!  check it out!

Let’s get those imaginary cootie catchers out of cold storage and keep them handy... 
When annoying negative words come your way – and let’s face it the air is full of them – just put those fast working, negative energy snatching tools to work – Whoa – can you see them flash!  Moving at the speed of age 12 – cleaning the air of nasty verbal debris – get a rhythm going – Zippaty Zap Zap…

What do you think?  Do we dance or what?!

(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)



6 comments:

  1. I also found this link for making them: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Cootie-Catcher-(Origami-Fortune-Teller)

    We used to call them fortune tellers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it should only be so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember this one? "I'm rubber, you're glue! Whatever you say bounces off of me, and sticks to you!" Always said in that singsong-ey way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG what a great memory! Thank you thank you! I've been singing this since I read your comment! I think its working!

      Delete
  4. I have an old friend who does this version of the cootie catcher: when he wants to avoid the bad vibes, he makes a circular motion with his hands, one going over the other like a waterfall or one of those old waterwheels on a steamboat, and he repeats, "water off a duck's back, water off a duck's back." The motion is soothing, and the matra is fun. I think it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I'm going to add this one to my repetoire too. Of course I imagine that he doesn't say it out loud??

      Delete