Friday, November 16, 2012

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING

The term Popularity, from the Latin 'popularis', originally meant "common" or "being well-liked".
Who was really popular during those adolescent years?  Do you think they felt popular?  How much of our self-esteem then and now, is based on the delusions and fantasies connected to that time of our lives?
"While popularity is a trait often ascribed to an individual, it is an inherently social phenomenon and thus can only be understood in the context of groups of people." read more


DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas...

Here’s a fun strategy using creativity and imagination:

First, imagine you are in a movie theater watching a high resolution film of your high school days.
Pay attention to the sound track and the color. ..
What are you feeling as you watch this movie?  Maybe you are walking in the halls? – standing at your locker? – in the gym? - at a school dance?…

What do you feel as you sit in the 'here and now' watching? 
What would you like to say from who you are now to that teenager? 

Next – and this is where your creativity kicks in – rewrite the film! 
Create a brand new movie and in this one give that kid everything they could have possibly wanted!  Remember – color – sound track – make this film version very lush! 

How do you feel now?

Finally – and this is super sophisticated – run both film versions at the same time in two “windows” next to each other.

And NOW voila!  Superimpose the one that makes you happiest over the other one!
What happens?

What do ya say?  Share the results of your ‘magic show’ with us…

To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)




4 comments:

  1. Yes good exercise. great, but I well, would rather not share. Old german, adage, too soon old and too late smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED DOING THIS! I GAVE MYSELF A GREAT BOYFRIEND -TALL AND HUNKY-AND HE CARRIED MY BOOKS AND STOOD AT MY LOOCKER SO THE WHOLE WORLD COULD SEE WHAT A STAR I WAS! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the second movie alot. I didn't expect to feel much when I superimposed it over movie #1 and was surprised by my reaction. I laughed and found myself standing up much taller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised by how little difference there was between the two movies. The main difference was that in the second one, I was smiling all the time! I guess there wasn't anything I disliked about my high school experience, but at the time, I was being mopey when I didn't need to be.

    ReplyDelete