Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THANKSGIVING?

So, what’s in a word? 
We are told the first Thanksgiving was a moment of gratitude by the Pilgrims to the Native Americans who helped them survive that harsh first winter.  Of course the payback was to inflict all the plagues of ‘civilization’ – disease, greed and usurping land…

Although counterintuitive, it is not unusual for us to be intimidated and feel resentful towards those who help us.

Remember the James Taylor song:
“Shower the people you love with love                   
Show them the way that you feel…”
Who are you thankful to and how do you show it?

(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)

3 comments:

  1. There are so many things I am thankful for. I try to let people know how much I appreciate it when they help me, but sometimes, it can be hard to be thankful, and I always wondered why. But it's always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaksgiving reminds me of my family and friends. It is a good holiday, food and no stress. Not usually.

    hope you have a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this thanksgiving i'd like to completely "dive"into the real american spirit and show a person in particular "the way that I feel"!
    let's all do it!
    irma

    ReplyDelete