Sunday, March 31, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES- DRIVING LESSONS

It was time for me to learn to drive a car. 
Piece of cake, right?

Not if like me, you waited until age 21... 
There’s just something about all that teen-age bravado, and okay let’s face it – recklessness – that might be an important ingredient in tackling 4000 pounds of metal…

So, my Dad, loving man that he was, decided this would be a healthy father/daughter bonding exercise…  After a short trial period he re-thought the concept… Men of a certain age get heart attacks too easily!

Next in-line was my brother.  He was certain that he could accomplish what my father could not… Hah!  After a particularly short but heart-stopping lesson, he instructed me, in one of those super calm, you- know-you-are-about-die voices, to pull off the road…

The final act of this play was my then boyfriend who was really certain that it was just a lack of some super skill he had and they didn’t that was the problem…  Besides he had one of those famous tank-style Volvos that would be impervious to harm…

Yup… Fifteen minutes into this one he gave up, shuddering at the damage I was doing to his precious car…

Did I learn to drive?  Yes, indeed!  The three men in my life chipped in and bought me driving lessons… 

It was a perfect match!  The instructor showed up so drunk that nothing bothered him…

And yes, I did get my driver’s license.  Piece of cake…

 
Have any fun driving stories to share?



To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment