Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SMART?

“I’m not really very smart,” she explained.  “My sister was the smart one…”

I have to admit this statement intrigued me. 

The young woman who was making this pronouncement was what you would call a quick study. 

I could toss a new concept her way, watch her eyes scan back and forth like a quick moving curser, and Boom! 

She’d be off and running, building on that previously new idea… 

So, what’s this about? 


Do you think these labels might have more to do with the beliefs of the ‘labelers’ than the capacity of the ‘labeled’?

Maybe we need to re-think how we define ‘smart’?


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment