Thursday, March 7, 2013

HOW TO CREATE CONFUSION - ONE WORD AT A TIME!

“BUT, BUT, BUT…”

Once upon a time, a wise therapist said:
“ ’But’ is a dirty word!”  (Yeah, I know what you’re thinking – ha ha – forget it.  We are talking one “t”!)

Let's face it, every time you use ‘but’ in a sentence you are negating what you just said and creating mental fog and confusion.

Think about it:
                   I like him, but…
                   I want to go but…
                   She’s nice but…

What in heavens name are you saying?
                   I like him but I really don’t like him?
                   I want to go but I really don’t want to go?
                   She’s nice but she isn’t nice?

YIKES!
How many times a day do you create emotional mush for yourself with this one?



 To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment