Thursday, February 28, 2013

DOG TRAINING 101

“I told her exactly what I felt – actually many times – but I guess she just didn’t care…”

“No,” she said.  “He never told me!”

Remember that old dog training saying, “Blah, blah, blah, blah, sit!”

“Communication,” my Dad the attorney, used to say, “isn’t what comes out of your mouth.  It’s what is received by the other guy!”

So, during that couples session as I translated what the man was saying – trying to say – his wife’s eyes popped open. 

“Oh, my gosh,” she said shaking her head. 

“I didn’t have a clue that was what you were saying!”

How often do you imagine your feelings have been hurt because of poor ‘translations’?

   Woof!


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment