Thursday, February 7, 2013

RENTAL PROPERTY?


“I don’t want anyone renting space in my head!”  Dick stated vehemently.

Are we talking crazy?  Mentally ill?

Actually, no.  He was a really smart guy talking about all those accumulated negative messages that we seem to gather over the years.

“I’m still carrying my mother from age 5 yelling at me about tracking snow into the house," he continued. 
"Okay, she’s not talking about snow anymore, just about me being a slob.”

“And then there’s that 5th grade teacher telling me I’m being lazy…”


Interesting that none of those voices are telling him what a wonderful, smart, caring guy he is, isn’t it?

What do ya say?  Whose voices are you allowing to rent space in your head?

Tomorrow:  Housecleaning!

To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment