Sunday, January 13, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES

FLYING HIGH


I sat outside on my 7th floor terrace and watched a falcon soar overhead

It was so close I could see its belly and the amazing texture and color of the underside of its wings  

Was it the light that turned them iridescent or are they really that amazing? 

It kept circling and riding the thermals and I felt it knew how much I was enjoying its beauty

I also soared, experiencing that wonderful connection of living beings, that solidarity that creates so much of the harmony and beauty of our world.

Thank You.


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)



3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel a real connection to my kitten, in that neither of us seem to have any idea what's going on in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - thank you for sharing! That brought the best smile of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I thought both what you and Kektek wrote to be very soothing. I guess you don't always have to "wake up and smell the flowers". Sometimes just the fact they are there in the world with us is enough.
    JT

    ReplyDelete