Thursday, January 24, 2013

CARRYING A LOAD


“I AM NOT GOING TO FORGIVE HER!” he shouted defiantly. 

I could almost see him stomping his foot and preparing to get angry with me if I dared to suggest he let go of the heavy emotional burden of all that rage he was carrying…

“I know she’s old and I know I’m supposed to turn the other cheek, be mature and all of that… but that woman ruined my life!” 

“And she’s not going to get away with it!”

Interesting isn’t it, this concept of holding onto anger as a way of punishing the other person...                                                                                                                                                    
 Another in the series of really useless beliefs…

How did we ever learn this one? 

Any thoughts?


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)

PS. TODAY ‘OLD LADIES’ REACHED 3000 HITS! 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those things we learn in the bosom of our families!!
    An inheritance we pass down as if it were a priceless relic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this comment! I really like the words 'inheritance' and 'priceless relic'. I think they will help me remember that I don't have to do this!
      -DBrown

      Delete