Tuesday, October 23, 2012

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING

In order to laugh at an experience, sometimes we need to recognize and acknowledge negative feelings attached to it.  Once we acknowledge these feelings – not ignore them – we can move through and past the negative and transform it into something easier to live with.


DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas...

Something happen that’s annoying you?  Use your imagination to create transformation!
         
Who and what is ‘renting space in your head’? 
Imagine a dialog where the “bad guy” gets on his knees and begs you for forgiveness…

Play Alice in Wonderland and change the size of your problem…Imagine it so large it takes up the entire world – then so tiny you can barely see it…

The idea of using your imagination this way is to remind you that you do have control over the amount of time and space in your mind these annoyances occupy!

Dance with It - and let us know what you discover!

(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)


2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    I just tried this, and it's amazing how quickly it can change the way you feel. It instantly gives you a sense of control over things, even if you know it's just imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved playing with the size of this problem I was struggling with. First I made it gigantic and it was really gross, and then I shrunk it down so tiny it fit right into the palm of my hand and as I looked at it I got the idea to just blow it away! I laughed and felt much better and realized that it really was something I could deal with!

    ReplyDelete