Sunday, October 7, 2012

PROCRASTINATION…


I mean seriously – there should be a song – Oh wait – there is!  Lots of them.  Really!  Check out YouTube!  There’s even a Procrastinators Anonymous!

What does that tell you? 

Maybe, just maybe, this is normal human behavior?  Maybe if we hadn’t spent our lives being scolded for putting things off - we’d have been able to realize that we just plain old weren’t ready!  What do ya think?

Have any good ‘wait until the last minute’ stories to share?


(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)

To create a new thread go to 'Archive' on the right and click on "Dialoging"
Click 'comments' and share your thoughts with us...


9 comments:

  1. brings to mind ole ms scarlett in gone with the wind....tomorrow, ill think about that tomorrow.

    don't know think she wasn't ready?

    or just a procrastinator.

    or how about waiting for the right gym outfit to get to the gym...oh, theere are loads of em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many years experience as a professional procrastinator*. Nowadays, I am learning lots about the benefits of procrastinating from procrastinating to actually get some work done. But everything in moderation!


    *My best record is finishing a 10 page final paper, start to finish, in the 24 hours before it was due.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination works for me! Looming deadlines are surefire ways to guarantee that my laundry gets done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to write something... but ... well... maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit strange: when it comes to trivial daily life activities(cleaning,cooking,ironing...)I am the best procastinator ever....but when it comes to school or work commitments I even start earlier than I should!
    What does it mean????
    Irma A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irma for a serious student it sounds like you have your priorities in the right place! In terms of starting too early, as time goes on, with each success,I think you'll find the right balance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I really hope I'll manage to find the right balance!

      Delete
  7. Done some of my best housecleaning/artwork/cooking experiments when I was supposed to be studying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I procrastinate because there are too many possibilities to the task. When the deadline approaches, then the scope narrows and I know better what I must do.

    ReplyDelete