Monday, October 22, 2012

LEMONADE

My new home has a slanted floor – not on purpose – just bad craftsmanship.  No problem – I’ve decided to celebrate my built-in treadmill – walking from one room to another certainly constitutes at least a few minutes in the gym – and all day?  Wow – I’ve got it made!

How many of life’s lemons can you turn into lemonade?  Or at least a good laugh? 


Please share some of your juiciest with us!


(To comment: click on "comments" - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish)









6 comments:

  1. One day I had a bad job interview, and was about to leave the office, disgusted with myself and the situation. As I was about to leave, I saw another person in the waiting room about to leave, obviously just having had the same experience that I did. In stead of continuing on my way out the door in a huff, I decided to nicely and gently open up to this person about my experience. We decided to go for coffee, and have been friends ever since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great story! You made me think of some missed opportunities! Next time!

      Delete
  2. I was recently reminded how seemingly small language changes can significantly change my perspective on things. The aha moment came when I heard someone juxtapose the question "what's the matter?" with "what matters?" What an easy way to avoid a victim space at the outset. Now I have to practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! You just gave me a new mantra! If I can only remember it...

      Delete
  3. I am still laughing about the slanted floor...I guess I dance all day long...!!
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. To one of our favorite dancers: YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete