Thursday, January 22, 2015

GRUNTING AND GROANING

Check this out:

A study showed that tennis players who grunted when serving hit the ball 5mph faster than if they had remained silent….  This is thought to be due to the exhaling that occurs during grunting, which gives muscles more power and stability.


Researchers believe there may also be a mental component, as grunting may help players
motivate themselves
.
read more




Most of us grew up being instructed to 'keep it down', learning to hold our breaths and any of those supposedly improper sounds that come with even deep sighs…

What do ya say?   

When's the last time you let out a good groan or grunt in a challenging situation?



~To comment click below and let us know what you think~

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... this is a good one for me to reflect on. I remember when I was a kid, I criticized to my mother an athlete who yelled crossing the finish line, and my mother explained that that release of energy could have help him break the tape at the end of the race. (She actually knew a thing or two about this release of vocal energy during physical strain, as she was an OB/GYN nurse!) But, as a middle aged (yikes!) man now, I found myself being ¨polite¨ and keeping that energy inside. Maybe time to make some noise...
    JT

    ReplyDelete