Thursday, August 8, 2013

DO YOU WORRY ABOUT DISTURBING THE PEACE?


The following story is not an exaggeration!  Names have been changed to protect the innocent…

“Something really awful happened the other night and I am sooo humiliated,” she murmured in a very small voice. 

“I went to dinner with some friends – a nice restaurant…  While we were waiting for the appetizers a waiter rushed past - and knocked my wine glass over… I mean all over me!  It was so embarrassing!”


I was ready to commiserate with her but she stopped me.

“Wait,” she said, “there’s more…”

“Our appetizers arrived, the waiter poured me a new glass of wine and… it happened again!  
Different waiter – same story!  Red wine all over me!  My face was as red as the wine.  I wanted to crawl under the table!”

“This time they sent over a complimentary bottle of wine… and the next rushing waiter knocked over the whole bottle!  ONTO ME!”

“I just didn’t know what to do… I was drenched.  I told my dinner companions that I needed to go outside for a minute and squished my way to the door… “

"The thing is, everyone else at the table was having a great time, enjoying their food.  I really didn’t want to ruin it for them…”

YIKES!  

What would you do?




To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below





No comments:

Post a Comment