Tuesday, January 28, 2014

PROMISES, PROMISES…


Why do people make promises they know they can't deliver?


Here's how one infamous - and often in trouble - 'over-promiser' tells it:

"Well," he explained in a remarkably composed voice, "when I first start out I do know that I can't deliver." 

He smiled in a self-deprecating way as he continued explaining. 

"I just want to please my audience - you know the other guy.  Or maybe it's that I want to feel like a big shot, like I can do it all…"

"But actually he went on, "within minutes, the person I've conned is - ME!"

"I seem to forget that I'm not made of money or can't be in two places at once…  Really I start believing my line…"

And what happens when he gets caught?  When the whole story falls apart?

"Well," he went on somewhat abashedly, "first I get really angry at the other person - as if it's all their fault… and then, well, let's face it, at some point the whole thing crumbles and I feel like a real loser!"


What do ya say?
Does this guy sound familiar?



To explore any of these topics you can type a key word into the search field on the upper left of the Blog.  To comment just click on the word 'comments' below.  (We love reading your comments!)


Remember we are also at:  www.thehumandance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment