Sunday, April 7, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES – A RED LIPSTICK KIND OF DAY…

Ever have one of those days when everything falls apart?  Nothing major just one minor crash after another…

Of course you know what I’m talking about. 

The computer crashes, the phone goes on the blink, the next door neighbor has a party that starts at dawn with 3000 screaming kids and conga drums – and doesn’t invite you…

Maybe a little exaggeration here.  But one of those days when you really want to crawl under the bed – except beds these days don’t seem to have ‘unders’…

Well, last Wednesday was one of those days.  I decided I needed some serious cheering up and being female - yes, I admit it - shopping therapy. 

I headed to my local department store to get a fix!    

I bought a bright RED lipstick!  I never wear red anything but this just seemed so happy!  After my quick fix I headed back to the office.  Everyone at work looked at me kind of strange… Actually, I had noticed people on the street staring too…

When I got home I looked in the mirror… YIKES!

Remember what little kids look like when they raid Mommy’s make-up drawer?  YUP!  It was on my lips all right, but also about an extra inch above and below them… this was seriously scary!  I swear I didn’t put it on like that!
I laughed so hard that the events of the day faded away…

What do ya say?  How do you laugh off those nasty days?


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment