Sunday, April 14, 2013

SUNDAY SMILES – A DAY IN THE WOODS…

One day, about a million years ago, I was in Muir Woods National Monument in California (check out Muir Woods) with a bunch of friends.  It was the early 70’s so you know we were somewhat ‘altered’…

I found a friendly tree with low-lying branches and climbed up. 

I spent the rest of that day hanging in the tree while my friends ran around through the woods.

I remember at the end of the day realizing that I saw as much from my one spot as they did running all over the place…

One of those major ‘AhHa’ moments for me… 

My grandmother from the old country, had a slightly different spin on this great awareness…

“You send a cow around the world,” she said, “it still comes back a cow…”                                                   
       
Hmmm… What do you think? 


Special thanks for today’s Sunday Smiles goes to one of our favorite Blog Buddies in Northern California – You know who you are!  Thanks!



To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment