Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING – ARE YOU GETTING THINGS DONE?

One of the most memorable – and romantic – quotes about putting things off comes from the movie Gone with the Wind. 

Remember Scarlett’s famous response after Rhett Butler blows her off with his famous, “Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn” line?

With determination in her eyes she states:  “I’ll think of some way to get him back… after all tomorrow is another day…”    (check it out)



DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas...


There seem to be 4 basic human responses when it comes to getting things done:

1)      The Maintenance ‘ I need to keep everything up to date’ type.
2)     The last minute ‘I hate myself for doing it this way’ type.
3)     The last minute ‘I love the adrenaline rush’ type.
4)     The ‘If I keep my eyes closed tight enough and long enough it might totally disappear’ type.

To be mentally healthy we need to include a focused awareness of the choices we make – and that they are choices. 

Try this experiment to increase this focused awareness: 

Use the list above as a template to evaluate your responses to the things in your ‘To Do’ list. 

For example, with housekeeping:

Type 1)   I keep everything shiny and up to date.

Type 2)  Yikes!  I can’t believe I waited until an hour  before my guests are       coming!  Won’t I ever learn?

Type 3)  Same scenario – different response:  Yahoo!  Ride ‘em cowboy!  Lasso those dust bunnies!

Type 4)  Maybe if I serve enough wine they won’t notice…

Where do you fit in?  Can you accept your way as being a choice?


To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below: 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment