Friday, November 1, 2013

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING – 5 WAYS TO GET MORE APPLAUSE!


Why is acknowledgement important?

Shouldn’t it be enough for us just to know what we’ve accomplished?

No!

Acknowledgement by others helps us recognize what works – it’s a type of ‘bio-feedback’.

When someone says, “Your advice was so good!” it reinforces how we can – and do – have an impact on the world around us.

This appreciation is a part of what validates our existence. 

Our knowledge, helpfulness, intelligence and contributions to our world all get highlighted by the ‘applause’ we receive from those around us.







DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS           

An opportunity to experiment with some fun
ideas...


FEELING APPLAUSE DEPRIVED?


5 WAYS TO GET MORE:

1)    Take a bow!
No, seriously, highlight your contribution – it’s ok. 
Say: “Oh, I notice you are taking that class I recommended!  I’m so glad!”

2)    Ask a question!
“Was my advice the other day helpful?  I hope so.”

3)    Point out the time factor!
“I spent a lot of time thinking about your problem so I’m happy to see my input was useful to you!”

4)    Underline your generosity!
“I’m always happy to help you when I can.”

5)    Focus attention on the value of your input!
“I’m so glad you took my advice. The change is lovely!”








To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below 

Check us out at www.oldladiesdance.com   

HAVE YOU HEARD?  OLD LADIES IS LOOKING FOR A NEW NAME!  WAIT FOR IT!









No comments:

Post a Comment