How often do you go directly to jail when your world starts spinning out of control? Remember that Monopoly card: Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200?
Somehow we have learned to automatically go to the worst case scenario when the ‘you know what’ hits the fan!
Some believe that we do this as a way to get attention, and others think that it helps us prepare ourselves for the things to come.
In reality, psychologists have found that this type of ‘worse case scenario’ thinking actually lessons our ability to cope!
DANCE WITH IT! EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun
6 Steps to Reset Your Universe:
1) Find the laugh… and the person to share it with!
2) Take a break! Lay down someplace safe for at least a few minutes and breathe deeply.
3) Do something to disappear from your current reality for a little while – read, write, listen to music – you know what works for you!
4) Drink … water!
5) Check out the worst case scenario and then try it on for size – is it really as bad as that?
6) Back it down a step – try out some less extreme scenarios in your head…
To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!
If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below
You can also read the Blog and more at www.oldladiesdance.com