Tuesday, October 8, 2013

RESETTING THE UNIVERSE. . .


“Maybe,” she suggested wistfully, “a little nap will reset the universe…”


It seems to have been a particularly stressful few weeks for lots of people, and who’s to say a little nap wouldn’t help?

Remember that old joke:

A guy drops dead in the theater.  Someone yells, “Is there a doctor in the house?”  When no one answers, a little voice from the balcony shouts, 
”Give him an enema!”  “What?” the original voice asks.  “An emema ?  He’s dead!” 
To which the balcony voice responds:  Couldn’t hurt…”

Today when my computer crashed and my cell phone once again took a nose dive I was blessed with a really funny lady from the phone company – yes they do exist!  I called her for tech support.

“Please I need your help,"  I begged.  "I’m desperate!”   

“So,” she asked me.  “What’s your name?  I thought I’d ask instead of just calling you ‘Desperate’…” 

That laugh was my virtual nap – or enema… and it did reset my personal Universe just that little important bit so that I could take a deep breath, roll up my sleeves and get back to work solving all the world’s problems. . . 

Just kidding on that last line, but doesn’t it really feel like that some days?

What do ya say?  How do you re-set?


(special thanks for today's post to a very wise and beautiful lady!)



To comment: click on the word "comments" below - write in the box, then go to "comment as" and choose how you want to sign in, then click publish. Check back for replies to your comments!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it, please click on one of the share buttons below

You can also read the Blog and more at www.oldladiesdance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment