Wednesday, August 26, 2015

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - COMMUNICATE MUCH?

So, what do we expect when we ask 'how are you'?
The truth?
A lie?

Something to make us feel better?

The answer is often "fine" because it's easy and a way to deflect attention…

Then there are the times in our lives when someone asks us and we feel rebellious -and angry - and reply darkly:

"Since you asked…"
Or
"Do you really want to know…"




DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

Before asking someone who has gone through a tough time how they are, think about what you really want to communicate and your level of relationship with that person!

Which ones would you check?

RELATIONSHIP
o   intimate
o   best friend
o   family
o   friend
o   casual acquaintance
o   neighbor
LEVEL OF CARING
o   Hi
o   Medium
o   Low
WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO COMMUNICATE
o   I care
o   I'm available as a sounding board
o   I'm trying to figure out something about myself
o   I'm into my snoop role





To comment click below



No comments:

Post a Comment