Thursday, March 23, 2017

WHATS AGE GOT TO DO WITH IT?

When I turned 21 I started fretting about getting old.

At the time I was working in a language school and one of the other teachers, a Russian lady of a certain age, asked me what was wrong.  She laughed when I told her. 

"Carol", she said, "life doesn't even begin until you hit 60!  That's when you really come into your own!"

Then there was the friend who had been complaining about how old he was - for the last 30 years!


The final word on this one comes from an 80 year old I met hiking in the mountains outside of Guadalajara, Mexico.  

Here's her take on age:

"When I turned 70," she said, "I was feeling poorly and went to the doctor.  


I described my symptoms, and he shook his head and smiled at me sweetly.  

"Well, you are 70 and this is the way people feel when they get old."

"I looked that idiot straight in the eye and said 'FU'!  Then I went and found another doctor!" 

What do ya say?
Maybe it's time to rethink this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment