Wednesday, March 29, 2017

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - WIN OR LOSE?

We seem to assume that others know what we want and how we want it, and get terribly hurt when they don't match up with our expectations.

'How could they!' we rant.

How could they:  Forget my birthday, not help me after all I've done for them, not invite me to…, buy me that awful…, not take care of things in the way I like…'

And when they don't read our minds as we assume they should, we often experience (and perhaps enjoy?) a sense of righteous indignation.


DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS         An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

LET'S FACE IT RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION CAN FEEL GOOD…
BUT…
Does it really get you what you want?

Make a list of the times you've set yourself - and others - up in this way…
The times you've expected them to KNOW what you want and how and when you want it…

Birthdays?
Support for a particular project?
Understanding what you are feeling?
Having your back?
How clear were you about what you needed?
Who are the people you tend to do this with?  Everyone or only certain people?







No comments:

Post a Comment