Wednesday, March 23, 2016

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - A CASE OF THE 'SHOULDS'

How do we get ourselves into those sticky situations where we make promises that we know, or at the very least suspect, are not tenable?

The answers to this one are easy:  we believe we should be able to do whatever we promise or…

We are afraid they won't like us if we don't pay lip service to what they want…

And the sad thing is that when we can't come across with the imprudently promised behaviors they end up really annoyed!


  

DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

PRELUDE TO A PROMISE:  GET REAL!

Before making that pledge ask yourself the following:

1)  Why do I feel I should be able to do this?
2)  Who am I afraid of disappointing?
3)  Am I buying time by saying 'yes'?
4)  If I need time, why not say it?









No comments:

Post a Comment