Friday, September 4, 2015

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - DISAPPOINTED MUCH?

What does 'disappointment' do for us?

Perhaps a strange question but if we think about it we really are almost always a participant in this feeling…

No one can disappointment you unless you have created an expectation of how they should act…

The more observant you are, the closer your expectations are to reality and the less disappointed you can be!


  

DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

If you choose to overlook reality and become disappointed you need to ask yourself what you gain from the feeling.

Think about a situation where you have felt disappointed and check out if any of these possible answers fit for you:

*  I get to feel like a victim
*  I get to feel sorry for myself
*  I get to make others feel sorry for me
*  I get to make the other person look bad
*  I don't have to change my own behavior
*  The outcome is predictable and therefore strangely safe

ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE SECONDARY GAINS - USUALLY UNCONSCIOUS REASONS FOR HOLDING ONTO AN UNDESIRABLE CONDITION!




To comment click below






No comments:

Post a Comment