Friday, December 26, 2014

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - REFLECTIONS ON THE LIGHT

How do you bring light into your personal darkness?

The darkness around you?

When we take steps to heal ourselves we are also taking steps to heal the world…

The more aware you are - the brighter the light you shed and reflect!  Each little spark joins and strengthens the one light…




DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun
ideas...

THE PRACTICE OF AWARENESS

Check out this simple - actually fun - exercise…

Take a few minutes and say:
"Now I am aware of ________ " (something external - a sound, something you see, anything using your 5 senses)

And now, using the same formula, switch to an internal awareness:

"Now I am aware of ________" ( how I am feeling, sensations in my body, the fullness or restriction of my breathing…)

What do you experience as you do this?  It's also fun to do with a partner - take turns saying 'Now I am aware of' and see what happens…


TAKING RESPONSIBILITY - A MANTRA
"I have choices in how I react to anything around me… I may have knee-jerk reactions (usually old stuff) but I can bring more light into my world by stepping back and making a conscious choice today!"






~To comment click below and let us know what you think~




1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I don't know whether it's the combinations of both challenges and blessings of the holidays, but thoughts very much like these have been swirling through my head. This post reminds me of the lines of that great poem, "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." Mike in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete