Friday, July 25, 2014

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - HUMAN DUALITY

Being human includes being perfect/imperfect, graceful/clumsy, poised/awkward, silly…

It is when we demand that we only exist on one side of this scale that we traumatize ourselves.

Our societies have confused our natural duality by airbrushing out one whole side of who we are!

By going along with this contrivance we become truly off balance!



  
DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun
ideas...

OWNING YOUR SHADOW

Make a list of all the things you are supposed to be.

Now own these things by saying:  "I am …" and include one of these attributes.

So, you might say: "I am smart." "I am careful."  "I am kind." 
Take your time and go through your entire list.
How does it feel to say these things about yourself?

For part two of this experiment go back to your original list and this time make the "I am" sentences with the exact opposite of each of the attributes.

So, you might say:  "I am stupid."  "I am careless."  "I am mean."
How does it feel to say these things?

Finally, make sentences combining both sides of the equation.

So, you might say:  "I am smart and stupid."  "I am careful and careless."  "I am kind and mean."
What happens as you experiment with owning all of these traits?  What do you feel?






CLICK THE LINK BELOW ~ SHARE A SMILE AND A SONG AND JOIN US THIS COMING SUNDAY FOR EPISODE VIII!




No comments:

Post a Comment