Wednesday, July 27, 2016

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - CAN'T SAY NO?

Manipulation is one of those 'It takes two to tango' human dances.

The manipulator says:  "Poor me.  I ask for so little… Can't you just be nice?"

The 'manipulee' says:  "I must be very important.  I have so much power.  Poor them…"

Guess who 'wins' this one?




DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS                           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

GETTING UNHOOKED…

The most important rule of thumb on this one:  'See it like it is!'

If you find yourself in one of these situations with someone who is getting you to do things you really don't think make sense for you, ask yourself the following:

What indirect gain might I be getting out of this situation?

Why do I actually feel sorry for this person?

Do I feel superior to them in some way?

Am I afraid of how others will view me if I say 'No'?

Am I really doing anyone a favor by saying 'yes'?




No comments:

Post a Comment