Jealousy, like many of our feelings, is on the 'bad' list.
We are exhorted not to feel it - and immediately find ourselves in a head on crash between what is actual and what is 'should'!
We feel jealous because we are human. Would life be easier if this feeling were never triggered in us?
But it is, and like all those other 'negative' feelings, the easiest way not to suffer is to acknowledge it.
This opens the door to working through the experience and moving on!
DANCE WITH IT! EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…
WORKING THROUGH JEALOUS FEELINGS?
1) Acknowledge what you feel! It's not terrible - just human!
2) Ask yourself what's behind this feeling you are having? Describe the situation to yourself as if you were a reporter telling a story.
3) Make a list of some of the different times in your life you have experienced this. How far back can you go?
4) Jealousy is based on a belief that what is available is limited. Who gave you that belief? Often, these things start in early childhood with siblings…
5) Imagine rewriting those early experiences as if 'abundance' was the underlying principle…