If we invalidate - second guess and discount our own experience - we limit our ability to learn, evolve and heal.
Pain, whether emotional or physical, directs our focus.
It cries out: "Hey, pay attention!"
And in doing so, is an essential element of human learning.
DANCE WITH IT! EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…
TALK TO YOUR PAIN
Here are 5 steps you can experiment with when you are in pain:
1) Describe your symptoms and their locations to yourself.
2) List the emotions you are feeling: fear, anger, depression, sadness, hopelessness…
3) Now imagine that you could visualize your pain.
What form would it take? What size? Color?
4) Next imagine you could actually talk to it. What would you say? How would it answer?
5) Let a dialog develop and see what happens.
WHAT DO YOU GET FROM DOING THIS?