Once upon a time, flogging was considered a just punishment for 'bad' behavior…
Somehow, those whacks and the bloody traces they left behind were supposed to bring about a great behavioral transformation and healing.
Does this theory have any validity? Actually recent studies show that self excoriation - we're talking verbal here - actually slows down our healing process!
DANCE WITH IT! EXPERIENTIAL APPS
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…
THE PRACTICE OF KINDNESS IN SIX EASY STEPS
1) As an experiment, for one day, keep track of all the 'flogging' you give yourself - the negative words, scolding, and 'how could yous'.
2) Count them up.
3) Ask yourself if they helped you perform better/feel better.
4) Now try one day where you drop the Bully voice.
5) Create - and listen to an inbuilt, personal cheerleader.
6) How many times a day did you stand up for yourself and encourage yourself - and cheer?
7) How was your performance this day? Did you perform better?