Wednesday, August 24, 2016

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING - BY THE NUMBERS?

At each age we are told how we should:
Look
Act
What our energy level should be
What we should be doing…

My favorite story on this one came from a 80 year old woman I met at a retreat in Mexico.  We lived in huts, hiked the nearby mountains and took mud baths in the sun…

After one particularly strenuous hike I asked her how she did it.  I was huffing and puffing and she was smiling serenely. 

And yes, this is a true story…

"Well," she told me, "10 years ago I was in bad shape.  I went to the doctor who shook his head and said, "You're old and this is what happens."

"I looked him in the eye and said, 'FU!' and found another doctor!"

Inspired?  I sure was!



DANCE WITH IT!   EXPERIENTIAL APPS                           
An opportunity to experiment with some fun ideas…

WHAT ARE YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT AGE… AND HOW DO THEY AFFECT YOU?

Think about the following questions:

How do your beliefs about age make you feel?
          Happy?
          Sad?
          Scared?
          Angry?

What evidence do you use to reinforce what you believe?

Can you understand how you might pick and choose among this data to strengthen your convictions?

Would you consider thinking about age in a new way?







No comments:

Post a Comment