Thursday, August 17, 2017

EXCUSE ME…CAN I HELP YOU?

The man obviously needed help.
He was handicapped, in pain and depressed.

"My niece offered to come and help me," he said.

"Oh, that's great!" I replied.  "When is she coming?"

"She's not!" he replied emphatically.
"I told her not to come.  I really don't like asking people for help!"

Yikes!  A really painful example of our distorted belief in the high value of self sufficiency!



So, I told him a story…





It was winter and I was crossing the heavily snow laden street very cautiously. 

An elderly gentleman approached me.
"May I help you across?" he asked, offering me his arm.

After we safely reached the other side of the street his face lit up as he wished me a good day.

What do ya say?

Which of us do you think benefited most?


No comments:

Post a Comment