Thursday, October 6, 2016

SCREECH… SCREECH…

 Once upon a time I was riding in the back of a taxi in Washington, D.C..

I asked the driver if it would bother him if I filed my nails.  Some people go ballistic with that 'screecha  screecha" sound.

"Lady," he responded "with what I have to deal with every day, if I let a little thing like that bother me they'd lock me up in a loony bin!"

Tonight on my way home in another taxi those words of wisdom reverberated in my head…

Tonight's driver?
Well, he informed me today was only his second day driving - ever… and he proved it!


He was going 10 mph in 25 mph NYC traffic, suddenly jamming on the brakes when nothing was there, and finally going right through a red light…


"Uh," I gasped," you have to wait for the light to turn green!"

"Oh, thank you, thank you," he smiled, "You are so kind!"

I kept thinking of the nail file guy and reminding myself that I certainly didn't want to end up in that loony bin…

What do ya say?

Do you let those little things throw you off?


No comments:

Post a Comment