Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TWISTED EXPECTATIONS…

"It got me really angry!" he stated categorically.
"I know that guy was trying to take advantage of me!"

And then there was this lady who said:

"My feelings are so hurt!  After everything I've done for her she was so stingy with me!"

What's the common denominator?

Both of these people expected other people to be just like them!


Yeah, the first guy was a person who always tried to get his way and the lady was indeed a very generous soul, but they both got busted by the same flaw …

 
They really did think everyone was just like them!



What do ya say?

Does this one fit for you?
Maybe… a little bit?


check out our down-loadable relaxation mini-meditations at 

WWW.THEHUMANDANCE.COM


1 comment:

  1. Carol, thanks for this one. I try to remind myself of this all the time. It's so easy to forget, but it's very true. Also, as a poker player, I know that one of the quickest ways to lose money, and also tear all your hair out, is to assume the person across the table from you plays his or her cards the same way you do... Keep an open mind, and you may leave the table with a full wallet (and head of hair)!
    JT

    ReplyDelete